Its been proven that 2013 is a great year for hoteliers but occupancy hasnt changed in some areas, and hotel owners, managers, and sales people are looking for ways to boost their occupancy and increase rate. If you are in one of these areas you need to focus on one thing before the other, and that is occupancy. If you are hurting on over all revenue and your not selling over 50% of your inventory every day, you need to focus on occupancy before trying to drive rate.
If there is not a demand in your area then why drive rate when you have over 50% of your rooms empty? Driving rate before demand is the mistake some hotel managers and owners make when things are getting slim. Your in the business to sell rooms and until you get a comfortable base of business, I wouldnt try pushing rate when your starving for occupancy.
23 Steps To Increase Hotel Sales
If you follow the 23 steps we lay out here in this post you will start seeing a rise in occupancy with in a couple of months. Remember there is not miracle way to boost your hotel occupancy over night, and we strongly do not suggest you drop your rates to the bottom of the scale either. Just follow these steps and see how they work for you. They have worked for me numerous times at various properties.
1. Read the local paper for leads- This is a good way to get leads in your own backyard. Maybe a larger employer in your area is hiring, or one of the room generators in your area the contact person got a promotion. Reach out to them and congratulate them.
2. Order A Travel Agent Production Report Yearly for your area and then reach out to those travel agents and make sure they have your property loaded.
3. Develop Packages for your property - Team up with some area local businesess and create a couple of packages that you can put on your website and advertise through your local CVB.
4. Develop a Facebook page- Why this form of marketing takes time to take hold, no hotel or small business should be with out a Facebook page. Over 1 Billion people that are online use Facebook.
5. Develop a Twitter Page- Just like the Facebook Page Twitter is a popular way to get your business noticed and then keep up with current guests and to get leads.
8. Talk with your guest in your breakfast area and find out what brings them to the area. You might be able to get more business from what you find out from your guests that are already staying with you.
9. Contact Local Parks and Recreation departments for future events such as sporting, family reunions etc.
10. Drive your competitions parking lots twice a week. Tuesday and Thursdays are best days to do this. Write down the company names and then contact them the following day to see if you can earn their business.
11. When was the last time you updated your website information?
12. Do you have a hospital or nursing home rate? Set one up and contact your area nursing homes and hospitals.
13. Established Distressed rates with the Airlines
14.Sign your hotel up for Hotelplanners.com
15. Make sure your listed on booking.com
16. Are you checking rates on Kayak.com and making sure your competitive with the area hotels/
17. Dig out your old sales files that havent been traced in a long time, and start re tracing them.
18. Trip Advisor - What are your guests saying about your hotel, and what are guests saying about your competition.
19. Are you inspecting your rooms to make sure the quality standard is there?
20. Advertise to local churches and church groups.
21. Become the official overflow hotel for your competitors
22. Welcome new businesses that are coming to your community. Talk to realtors, leasing companies, the chambers and local banks for leads
23. Check with your local permit office for leads on future construction projects.
Follow these 23 items, and with in 90 days if they are executed properly you will start seeing an increase in your occupancy. You can see results faster then 90 days but you need to work really hard at these steps. If you would like more information on how to increase your hotels occupancy email us at newsimplemarketing and give us your name and email address and will add you to our list.
Some people dont realize how important a Logo is for their business, and dont realize that a professionally designed eye catching logo can help boost their sales in their marketing efforts. People enteract with pictures and images more then they ever did before.
Your Logo helps people remember your brand and message about your business and product. If you market your business with out a logo, people are going to have a harder time remembering your business or brand and what its all about. Take Mcdonalds for example. Mcdonalds has always sported the golden arches. So when people are traveling on the highway and interestates, when they notice the golden arches they automatically know that means a Mcdonalds is getting close by. When you think of the golden arches nine out of ten people will automatically place that with Mcdonalds and their hamburgers and french fries. Another example is the logo we have on our blog post right here for Volkswagon. This has been the logo for the german car company for years since it first got started. Most people when they see this logo they think of the Volkswagon beetle which is the companies most famous car world wide.
Boost Sales In Your Marketing By Having a Logo
If you dont have a logo for your business how are people going to remember you? Your marketing can be top notch and you could be reaching thousand of eye balls, but if those people dont buy right away, what happens then? Well those people that dont buy right away but need your services will go to your competition that has a logo because they remembered their brand by putting the logo with their marketing efforts and services. Alot of businesses also think that it costs too much to have a profesionally designed logo made for their business, and that is not true at all.
You can get your logo designed for your business for as little as $69 dollars, or have a fully designed customed logo done for your business as little as $149. Its up to you on what you wan to spend, but with the Logo Design Team that we work with, its strongly recomended that you go with their full package which is still affordable for all sizes of businesses. This way you can get the logo exactly taylored to what you want, and what your brand wants to protray.
GET YOUR CUSTOMED PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED LOGO TODAY! CLICK HERE