If Your Going it alone don't overwhelm yourself
Businesses are finally realizing that they need a great social media presence in order to keep generating new sales and to retain their current customers. How to do a social media plan is sometimes where most are confused or getting frustrated. We see most businesses just mainly promoting on their social media platforms, and or doing too many that they are so overwhelmed that they forget to keep one platform up to date which in turns can hurt their online image.
Now what you should do if you didn't get it done right in 2014 with social media is start over. I'm not saying starting over from scratch, but start over with 2015 being the year that your going to make this work for your business, and start telling your story online through social media. Follow these steps and you will be well on your way.
1. One Platform At A Time- If you are the business owner and you are the only one handling your social media you need to start one platform at at time to get the best optimization for your online presence. We strongly recommend that you start out with Facebook since it has the most active users. Don't worry we will continue to post new content on Social Media for the other platforms in the near future.
2. Proper Page on Facebook -Were going to assume you already have a business or fan page set up for your business on Facebook and not just using a regular friend profile. If you are using just a regular fan profile then you need to set up a business one asap, as Facebook will be taking businesses that are not using the proper format and closing those profiles out. If you don't know how to set up a business or fan page for your shop, store, or services keep watching our blog as we will post a video on how to get this done soon.
3. Look at your short description and long description. The short description you will want to tell people what your business is about in 150 characters. Make sure you enter your city and state in there so you will come up in local Facebook graph searches as your page builds popularity. Your long description you want to make sure you include location again and more on what your services and business will do for people in the first paragraph and then build on your key words in the 2nd paragraph and so on. Make sure you use up as most of this space as you possibly can. Tell people why you created this business just as much as what your business can do for them.
4. Hours Of Operation and Contact Information- Make sure you put your main website first in your description and make sure you put a phone number, and the hours that you operate your business in the proper fields. You don't want potential customers to visit your Facebook page and have no way of contacting you or finding you. Your main object is to make that sale right? They cant buy if they cant contact you.
5. Make a welcome/introduction video- Make a short video that introduces you, and describes your business. 30 seconds is enough, as you don't want to loose anybody during your video. Post this TO JUST YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE. You want this video to be watched on Facebook and through their system, as you will get more people on Facebook viewing this and if your video becomes popular so will your page. Make this your first post for 2015 or if you have already posted, just pretend like this is your first one.
6. Pictures of Staff- If you have employees take a really good face shot of them, and get a short bio on their interests, and what they do for your company and post one a week. So if you have 3 employees one day a week your going to post an employee picture with their bio and position with your company.
7. Pictures Pictures Pictures- What are you selling? What is your service? Can you show people in a picture? Posts with pictures have seemed to get the most views on Facebook then those posts that are just words.
8. What can you offer- Are there questions out there in the general public that fits your niche? If so think of one or two a week and answer them on Facebook. People will start noticing that your the go to person in your business, and your page will get more likes and build popularity.
9. Post Regularly But Not Too Much- A good rule of thumb when your using social media for marketing your business, is especially with Facebook you don't want to post too much, as people will start un liking your page because your clogging up their news feed. We strongly recommend that a business posts at least 3 - 7 Posts a week. This could be one post a day or one post every two days. This will keep your page looking active, and more people will want to read your message.
So go ahead and get started on this, and in the very near future we will write about other platforms, and how you can utilize them to get more out of Social media marketing for your business.
If you feel that you don't have time for social media but you want to have a social media presence for your services, you can always outsource to us at the fraction of the cost it would be to hire a part time employee or intern. Email our Senior Marketing consultant today email@example.com Our services are very affordable for small businesses, and we only use the proper techniques that search engines like, and no tricks. This will insure that your online presence shows up in searches, and don't get penalized by Google.